CMW Geosciences is a specialist Geotechnical Consultancy with offices in New Zealand and Australia, focusing on all things geotechnical. We are a mid-sized, privately owned, consultancy delivering excellent geotechnical services based on strong personal working relationships, honest and open communications and a focus on work/life balance.
Due to increased demand from our clients in the South Auckland region, we are looking for an Intermediate to Senior level Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join our team. Our portfolio spans a range of projects, including road and rail, buildings, land development and infrastructure
Successful candidates will have a degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology. A relevant post graduate qualification would be highly regarded. You will need to be self-motivated with a focus on results. Experience in geotechnical investigation, ground modelling and the design and construction monitoring of temporary works, foundations and retaining walls will be required along with the ability to write clear and concise reports. Local experience in the Auckland region and on significant land development projects will be beneficial. An outgoing attitude and ability to get stuck in and achieve whilst having fun with colleagues and clients is a must.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparing proposals and reviewing contract documentation
- Client management and development
- Managing site investigation and ground modelling
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Preparation of reports and correspondence
- Project management, contract review and budget control
- The opportunity to be involved in a growing consultancy
- Rewarding work on diverse and challenging projects
- An opportunity to work closely with some of the industry's best engineers
- A team-based approach
- Strong technical support and development
- Professional career development opportunities
- The opportunity to develop working relationships with key clients
- A healthy and active lifestyle and promotion of a work/life balance.
If the opportunities we offer at CMW are consistent with your career and lifestyle aspirations apply online now or for confidential enquiries please contact Richard Tichborne on 09 414 4632