- The opportunity to be involved in a growing consultancy and to influence change
- The opportunity to grow the team
- Flexible working environment with a strong focus on work/life balance
- A team-based approach
- Rewarding work on diverse and challenging projects
- The opportunity to work across projects nationally and internationally with specialist skills from our other offices from within New Zealand and Australia, with travel opportunities if desired.
- Professional career development opportunities
- The opportunity to develop working relationships with key Clients.
CMW Geosciences is a specialist multinational Geotechnical Consultancy with offices in 7 centres across New Zealand and Australia, focusing on Construction, Infrastructure and Land Development sectors. We are a mid-sized, privately owned, 120+ strong consultancy delivering excellent geotechnical services based on strong personal working relationships, honest and open communications and a focus on work/life balance. CMW adopt a hands-on approach to help clients solve project challenges and manage geotechnical risk by providing a locally focused, competitive and agile consultancy without the drudgery and red tape that comes with working for larger organisations.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Work with the technical team to develop, provide and promote geotechnical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client needs
- Lead and develop a team of Geotechnical Engineers
- Develop relationships with clients and sub-consultants / suppliers and provide value-added advice and service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Undertake technical and non-technical tasks and take responsibility for the accuracy and quality of our work
- Assuming responsibility for planning and managing resources and budget for site investigation, ground modelling, and/or geotechnical design projects of all sizes
Ideal candidates will have strong experience working in the local area and be ready for a role where they can contribute to the technical strength of the business. Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- At least 15 years relevant experience
- Degree Qualified
- CPEng Registration (or ability to apply)
- Self-motivated with a focus on results.
- Able to work closely with and mentor a team by delivering and providing advice and technical support.
- Experience in the review of proposals and reports in the fields of geotechnical investigation, ground modelling and geotechnical solutions.
If the opportunities we offer at CMW are consistent with your career and lifestyle aspirations apply online now and we will be in touch.