CMW is a trans-Tasman Geotechnical Consultancy with 10 offices and over 200 employees throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our projects cover construction and civil engineering from larger long-term national roading projects to smaller residential developments.
CMW has maintained year on year growth since establishing in 2012 and our Perth office is looking to bring on recent graduates or Geotechnical professionals with 1-2 years’ experience.
Perth is the largest and most established office with a team of around 45 based in Wembley.
This position is a field based role with travel and overtime required. To apply, you must be comfortable travelling long distances and being onsite for up to 3 weeks.
You will be undertaking site investigations, design and reporting of geotechnical projects with the support of other CMW personnel. Furthermore, you will:
- Completing manual field work tasks and testing
- Work with the technical team to develop, provide and promote technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client needs
- Monitor project progress against budget to ensure cost overruns are avoided
- Prepare for and undertake fieldwork including derivation of engineering geological and geotechnical ground models
- Prepare proposals, technical documents and other correspondence
- Ensure the timely delivery of technical output
- Qualified Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment is advantageous
- Ability to complete strenuous field work tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A full Australian Drivers License and confidence driving manual 4x4 utes
- Additional Day Leave on Birthday
- Provision of minimum of 50 hours Training / CPD per year
- Continued education support
- 37.5-hour work week when office based
- 20 days annual leave
- Career opportunities and support to progress within the company
… and that’s just the beginning.
If you'd like to join a supportive and social team that'll help to accelerate your career, apply online or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.