At CMW Geosciences, we draw on the collective Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Design experience of our team for all site investigation projects, to develop conceptual ground models relevant to the proposed land use.
This enables us to optimise your investigation scope and deliver the best value for money alternatives.
The CMW Geoscieces site investigation team utilises a full range of ground investigation techniques to suit project geology and complexity. These include:
- Wireline diamond core drilling (HQ, NQ & PQ)
- Solid and hollow auger borehole drilling
- Hand auger borehole drilling
- Cone Penetrometer Tests (CPT) with or without pore pressure measurements
- Backhoe and hydraulic excavator test pits and trenches
- Bulldozer costean excavations
CMW Geosciences has strong relationships with specialist drilling and jack-up barge contractors to execute nearshore drilling investigation programs. These relationships are the result of our experience in procuring and running extensive and complex geotechnical investigation programs.
In-Situ Testing & Sampling
- Standard Penetration Tests (SPTs)
- Dynamic penetrometer testing, including Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP) and Perth Sand Penetrometer (PSP) tests
- Plate Load Tests, including collapse potential
- Falling head and rising head field permeability tests, pump tests
- U50 sampling including use of 1-way valves for soil recovery in soft / saturated soil
- Block sampling (test pits) for collapse potential
CMW Geosciences has well-established relationships with specialist environmental consultancies and teams regularly combine site investigation campaigns to provide a more cost-effective investigation program with respect to soil and groundwater sampling, testing and analysis.
CMW Geosciences works closely with a number of NATA-accredited geotechnical testing laboratories to offer a full range of soil, rock, aggregate and concrete tests.
In This Section