At CMW, we believe that training our staff is imperative to delivering detailed, concise reports and information to our clients.
Last Friday, one of our Senior Principal Engineering Geologists, Matthew Tutton, led a group of staff from the Perth office through a training day at the historic Boya Quarry.
The training was aimed at developing rock logging and investigative skills, such as:
- Conducting geotechnical investigations in accordance with AS1726:2017;
- The importance of general site walkovers;
- Recognising changes in geology using key indicators;
- Understanding geomorphological processes;
- Correctly recognising and logging rock defects;
- Developing site plans and cross-sections; and
- Correct use of geological equipment.
We encourage our staff to undertake training as a component of their continuous professional development. Thank you for the field day Matthew!